Saturday, April 27, 2013

Superhero Costumes

 Last year one of our eldest child's friends had superhero themed birthday. It was such a fun theme and simple to transform my family from every day citizens into their heroic alter egos ;)

 

I used felt to create the girls' superhero emblems and some sequined fabric that I will never ever use again. That fabric was so fiddly and moved around heaps and frayed, ugh, it was awful. But it did give a good result. I made two emblems each for the girls: one I sewed onto the back of their capes and the other on the front of a plain black shirt. 

I also used felt to create the girls identity-protecting eye masks. And again used the awful sequined fabric, cutting out their iniitals and hand sewing them onto the masks. I also made a couple of masts for Huz and I.
Their capes were made from plain cotton, hemmed, and then a series of small cuts were made towards the top of the fabric and a ribbon of the same colour cotton was threaded under and over each cut to make a neck.

The finishing touch was a great find at K-Mart: black leggins lines with silver sequins up and down the side seams. Easy, fun, and a great addition to the dress-up box after the party :)

No comments:

Post a Comment